This is where we divulge everything you need to know about the copyright on Hawkers Magazine.
Basically, everything on the website created by the Hawkers Team is owned by Hawkers Magazine. It’s copyrighted in our name. However, because we believe in the fact that sharing is caring, and because we want to inform, equip, and help as much people as we can with our content and our stories, we want to be able to balance allowing you, dear friends, to share everything on this site, but at the same time protect our copyright.
The best way we can do that is be clear on where we stand.
You DON’T NEED to ask for our permission if you want to…
Any of the following things below can be done without the need to ask for our permission.
- Post a link to our site or any specific blog post on the site.
- Quote a maximum of 200 words on your site or any other site, as long as you include a link to the original post.
- Print out our blog posts and photocopy up to 60 copies for internal distribution inside your own company or organization.
- Print our posts in any non-commercial publications like church newsletters, company newsletters, class syllabuses, etc. As long as you include this copyright notice: “© 2014, Hawkers Magazine. All rights reserved. Originally published at www.hawkersmag.com.“
As for our webcomics…
You can do any of the following with our webcomics without having to ask for our permission.
- Post a link to our site or any specific comic page on the site.
- Post a maximum of 5 pages per comic issue/chapter/one-shot on your site or any other site, as long as you include the links to the original posts.
You need to ASK FOR OUR PERMISSION if you want to…
Of course, we want to share our works with as many people as possible. That’s why when it comes to these options, you only need to inform us and ask for our permission.
We won’t require you to pay for any copyright or licensing fee. All we want is to be able to know what’s being done with our blog posts and comics. That way, we can also acknowledge all the people that are taking an interest in our work and are helping us spread the word about it. We’d love to know who you are, and we’d love to be able to thank you properly.
So let us know if you plan on doing any of the following:
- Quote more than 200 words on your site or any other site (you also need to include a link to the original post).
- Print out more than 60 copies of any of our blog posts.
- Print out our posts in any commercial publication like magazines, newspapers, etc.
As for our webcomics…
Please ask for our permission if you want to do any of the following:
- Post more than 5 pages of our comic issues/chapters/one-shots on your site or any other site (and include a link to the original posts).
- Print out black and white copies of our comics, and photocopy up to 40 copies for distribution within a classroom setting, book club, or reading group only.
- Print out our comics in any commercial (magazines, anthologies, newspapers) or non-commercial publication (company newsletters, church newsletters, school papers, etc.) as long as you include this copyright notice: “© 2014, Hawkers Magazine. All rights reserved. Originally published at www.hawkersmag.com.“
Don’t let these regulations discourage you. More often than not, we’d love it if you shared our work as much as you can. We just want to know who you are so we can thank you properly. ^_^